Customer Service Representative I
Hyderabad, Telangana - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Customer Service Representative I (CSR) is assigned to the client's Global Security Communications Center (GSCC) and will handle all incoming internal and external customer inquiries via telephone. The CSR answers questions, troubleshoots issues, and determines whether the inquiry is emergent or non-emergent and triages accordingly.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Respond and triage incoming calls from client employees, vendors, business/services partners, customers, and sometimes law enforcement agencies.
- Maintain high levels of customer service with a philosophy of “Owning a Problem” until it is resolved.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with customers and establishing a positive rapport with every caller.
- Partner with the management team to stay updated on procedural knowledge and changes.
- Provide a wide range of administrative support including scheduling, review, preparing, or editing documents.
- Partner and communicate continually with Shift Managers to ensure all communications are consistent with the VSOC and Global Security mission.
- Author outgoing communication to various business groups.
- Maintain control of sensitive security material and items located within the office as dictated by procedures.
- Receive and report Lost and Found items, as directed.
- Maintains VSOC Enterprise Rhythm of the Business (RoB) for reoccurring events, tasks, projects, and other items that need regular attention by staff.
- Serve as a resource to the GSCC during emergencies or crisis situations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School/Matriculation certificate with customer service experience. U.S. inbound call reception and security-related experience, preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Knowledge of 24/7 international monitoring center operations, security technology, and emerging trends.
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Customer service experience.
- U.S. inbound call reception and security-related experience, preferred.
- Excellent English oral and written skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates peers and supervisors.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and remain composed during unusual and/or stressful situations.
- Able to work under pressure and maintain a professional and calm demeanor with customers.
- Able to interact effectively at all social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Courteous and professional telephone manner, with accuracy in taking messages.
- Able to prioritize and carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Able to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Able to perform basic problem solving and analysis.
- Able to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work evenings, odd hours, and weekends with little notice.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.