Business Intelligence Analyst (Hybrid)
Miami, FL - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will play a dynamic role to understand strategic, technical and operational objectives, conduct research, design and present analysis through business intelligence tools; enabling the company to optimize operations, scale and mitigate potential risk through the use of technology. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote) located in Miami, FL.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, partnering with managed services, assessing client requirements, gathering information and evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Understand business requirements in business intelligence context and design data models to transform raw data into meaningful insights.
- Designs, develops, updates, and optimizes dashboards and reports to meet business requirements and delivery compelling visuals.
- Collaborate on new processes to automate and scale standard reports and procedures.
- Collect and analyze information to facilitate improvement in structure, processes, and technologies.
- Construct workflows, diagrams, content and presentations.
- Improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements.
- Monitoring project and support work, triaging work, maintaining project plans, project documentation and reference materials.
- Manage and monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Interpret and evaluate research data and develop analyses and projections for strategic decision-making.
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations and actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and four years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office. Power BI, SharePoint, and Smartsheet preferred.
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels in an organization.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Strong interest and passion strategy and operations topics.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.