Financial Analyst (Hybrid)
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Financial Analyst provides analytical support to Senior Management which drives appropriate business actions and makes recommendations for future revenue opportunities and cost savings. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote) located in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Responsible for meeting month end close deadlines and act as a key business partner to management in driving business performance through detailed monthly analysis.
- Produce variance analyses of varying types, including those that analyze revenue, expense, and statistics.
- Provide robust reporting, commentary, and analysis to develop insights/ recommendations to leadership.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget process.
- Prepare monthly MIS Financial Reporting package.
- Play an important role in Pricing strategies by providing in-depth analysis and research.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with three to five years of related experience. Master's degree preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Analyze accounting and financial data, substantiate financial statement balances and prepare financial statement account reconciliation.
- Able to identify, measure, evaluate, and improve the effectiveness of accounting, financial, managerial and operational controls.
- Demonstrated analytical expertise; accurately draw conclusions through synthesizing raw data and information.
- Effective communication skills; at all levels within the organization and across diverse cultures.
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft Office. Tableau and Power BI, preferred.
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Serve as positive team member.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.