Senior Investigator - Data Centers (Hybrid)
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Senior Investigator is responsible for investigations ranging from minor matters to complex issues within the Data Centers. The Investigator performs investigations including but not limited to theft, misuse of client assets, and misuse of systems and policies. The position maintains and updates relevant data bases, partners with internal and external security agencies, and ensures accurate evidence handling processes and computer forensics/media analysis. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Complete the processes, analysis, and reporting related to a wide variety of investigations including, but not limited to;
- Misuse of client assets, systems, and policies.
- Environmental, health and safety compliance and remediation.
- Support theft, vandalism, and criminal mischief investigations.
- View covert and overt video surveillance tapes;
- Assist in the set-up and installation of basic analog and digital video surveillance equipment.
- Comply with the client's policy on the use of video surveillance equipment and related federal and state laws.
- Assist in system health monitoring for client's Lenel video and access control system.
- Complete evidence identification, collection, retention, and dissemination of investigative information;
- Promote cooperation, innovation, and resourcefulness in obtaining information.
- Coordinate the delivery and distribution of digital evidence.
- Maintain an investigative database of all investigative activity.
- Provide metric reports to support core business functions and initiatives.
- Provide cardkey access reports and security video to assist investigations conducted by the client's other investigative groups.
- Provide security resources to augment client's existing security resources upon request for security assisted termination, workplace violence, and emergency or short-term needs.
- Develop and maintain contacts with law enforcement partners;
- Encourage the on-going review of the client's investigations and assist in bringing investigations to successful conclusions.
- Maintain investigative analytics to better assist investigations and client objectives.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School Diploma or GED. Prior law enforcement experience (investigator/detective) and/or corporate investigative experience are required. Five to ten years of experience in leading, conducting, and coordinating investigations preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Lenel experience preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in Perspective (PPM) case management is a plus.
- Strong computer investigation skills.
- Able to handle large, complex investigations involving cross-group collaboration.
- Knowledge of internet crime investigation processes and use of related databases.
- Basic knowledge of computer forensics/recovery and analysis, preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to partner with internal departments, investigative groups, and law enforcement agencies.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.