Business Data Analyst (Remote)
Remote, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Business Data Analyst, assigned to a specific client's Global Corporate Security team will support reporting, metrics, and information management initiatives. The Business Data Analyst will create queries, sort, and assess large volumes of data utilizing SQL, Python, and possesses in depth knowledge of data visualization tools, such as Tableau and/or other BI.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Run and modify SQL queries to generate list reports from data sources.
- Manipulate data with SQL, Tableau, Power BI, or other BI visualization tools.
- Perform ad-hoc reports and analysis.
- Create dashboards and interactive custom visualizations using BI tools.
- Develop processes and simple data pipelines to improve reporting efficiencies.
- Collect, archive, and review data from a variety of open and proprietary sources.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ingest volumes of data, policy, and program points.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and at least five years of experience in visual and graphic design, SQL, Python or other data analytics programs, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- E SQL, Python, Tableau, or equivalent BI tools experience, with the ability to create ad-hoc queries for various purposes - This role is highly technical, must be able to write SQL queries, do analysis, write reports, generate data, and identify problems within data sets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exemplary critical thinking, analytical skills, and judgment.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Evenings and weekends, as required, to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.