Regional Security Advisor
Singapore, Central Singapore - Singapore
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional Security Advisor provides operational support and advice to the Regional Security Manager for Singapore; in provision of the client's Regional Security, in accordance with policy, strategy, and allocated budgetary constraints.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide operational support in the evaluation, development, and execution of regional site security strategies including oversight of agents/vendors to ensure project contracts and deadlines are meet and/or exceeded;
- Assist with the security vetting of individuals, teams, and vendors to ensure compliance with the client's policies.
- Ensure clearly defined tasks are assigned, address development needs through training/coaching, and encourage collaboration in order to meet expectations.
- Support the development of external service optimization and ensure the process is fair and transparent.
- Complete on-site visits, as directed by the Regional Security Manager (RSM), to confirm the quality of site security survey plans and risk/threat analysis, security assessments, and training awareness programs.
- Coordinate risk/threat assessment reviews, as delegated by the RSM, at all levels, to review resource/project management and resolve internal and external issues/concerns.
- Assist the RSM in providing a business sustainable crisis incident network in support of all managers across the organization.
- Liaise, as directed by the RSM, with governmental, consular and private sector agencies within the region to protect and enhance the client's security program and business accountabilities;
- Serve as a highly knowledgeable resource for the client's Global and Regional Security teams as they actively seek and respond to requests of assistance from local law enforcement agencies.
- Maintain a strong communication network to include agencies with expertise in crisis management, risk assessment to terrorist threat, personal protection, and CBRN to protect the client's employees, customers, and infrastructure.
- Assist the RSM with the implementation of contingency plans for the immediate resolution of strategic and tactical applications related to regional security standards, policy and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of effective security operations to ensure the safety of the client's personnel and their customers during the planning and preparation of all travel and business-related exhibitions.
- Provide feedback regarding intelligence gathered for protection of the highest security threat and emergency/contingency planning for the client's stakeholders, executives, and employees.
- Provide support in determining the requirements for overt/covert surveillance commensurate with customer requirements, both internal and external;
- Assess the need for close protection activity and determine the appropriate resource.
- Support established exercise programs to enhance knowledge and practical abilities regarding local legislation and procedures to ensure compliance and enhance customer confidence.
- Support the RSM in maintaining internal and external teams and business group networks that demonstrate and encourage a positive ‘can do' attitude to enable the achievement of the client's business objectives and efficiency;
- Actively support cross-functional group processes, programs, and projects.
- Collaborate with other Regional Security Advisors to ensure no duplication of work including internal/external training, project management, and strategic and/or tactical policies.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and five or more years of security management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Security management experience.
- Able to embrace change and leverage short and long-term business opportunities.
- Serve as a respectful, collaborative, and innovative team member.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to identify, define, prioritize, resolve problems, and draw supportable conclusions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.