Business Protection Manager - South Africa
Johannesburg, Gauteng - South Africa
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Business Protection Manager is an embedded opportunity with one of our global tech clients. The Manager will work with the client's corporate security team providing security services to protect its staff and offices, including but not limited to guard force operations, physical security, corporate security policies, programs, and training. The corporate security team consists of operations and global specialist support functions.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Promote a relaxed but vigilant business protection culture closely aligned to the business objectives to protect people, offices, assets, and business processes.
- Develop and operationalize standard operating procedures to continuously improve and refine security management in the organization in line with Business Protection Policies.
- Maintain knowledge of complex industry trends, current security issues, and security technology.
- Manage relationships with security agencies and vendors.
- Support the other Business Protection Managers.
- Support global security initiatives and programs as requested.
- Provide safety and security education and training for staff.
- Customize Critical Incident Plans for each major regional office to include;
- Conduct physical security plans and office security reviews annually.
- Manage the execution of security upgrade projects.
- Manage Agent supervisors and fleet of Agents.
- Manage access control systems.
- Manage budget and POs for all security-related items.
- Manage incidents.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in intelligence analysis, political science, international relations, journalism, or other relevant areas. Minimum three years of experience in intelligence, incident management, crisis management, and/or risk management. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Experience working in high-risk locations and environments.
- Expertise in travel security.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolve.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong client orientation and results-driven.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.