GSOC Support Operator
Jersey City, NJ - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Global Security Operations Center Support Operator, assigned to a specific client, oversees the daily operations of the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). The Operator will vet potential and/or actual crisis response activations.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Organize the daily operations to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- Determine the validity and impact of global crises.
- Oversee various records of communications and events.
- Support watch floor operations including;
- Setting and maintaining criteria.
- Incident assessment.
- Training, validation, and escalation.
- Communicate requirements for additional software, hardware, and/or staffing modifications.
- Gather and manage information and intelligence about domestic and international events using multiple internal and external resources.
- Perform quality assurance functions to maintain the integrity of the project.
- Collaborate with the GSOC management and ensure compliance with global expectations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate's degree with at least one year of experience working in a GSOC environment, preferably pertaining to intelligence or military training. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- GSOC experience.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Able to work with highly confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Serve as a positive and effective team leader.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and across diverse cultures.
- Results orientated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.