Global Incident Management Program Manager
Redwood Shores, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Global Incident Management Program Manager will be leading incident management efforts, proactively collaborating with Global Protective Services, Travel, Events, Intelligence, Technology, and Global Operations teams as well other key stakeholders. The Program Manager will lead teams to prepare, investigate, and manage incidents and crises, analyze data, reach conclusions, and make recommendations to ensure safety and minimize the operational impact to the client and their people.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Define operational strategies for intricate business and program needs, incorporating inputs and driving alignment across multiple organizations.
- Manage the delivery of complex initiatives across various teams, components of which include data analysis, operationalizing and scaling new processes, and catalog classification.
- Develop and maintain metrics and reporting to monitor risks, program health, and initiative progress.
- Develop and implement programs to engage all stakeholders in reducing the frequency, severity, and cost of disasters, injuries, fatalities, and impact on critical infrastructure and the environment.
- Conduct risk assessments of existing controls and recommend solutions to address identified risks such as developing local/region-specific processes, tools, and policies.
- Track, measure and report on key metrics to demonstrate the impact of the program and to constantly iterate and improve on that impact.
- Analyze findings and develop mechanisms to proactively address systemic issues.
- Keep stakeholders and leadership updated on efforts and progress through regular written communications and in-person meetings.
- Facilitate high-profile, potentially contentious meetings to explain written determinations.
- Partner with the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC), maintaining accountability for the safety of personnel and property assigned to support the disaster operation.
- Providing technical guidance to stakeholders on the application of emergency management policies and directives.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Ensuring regional mitigation goals and objectives are consistent with the statutory requirements and existing policies, that their need is justified, and they are adequately supported by appropriate analysis.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree, and 5 or more years of experience in program/project management. Industry certifications such as Six Sigma, Lean Techniques, and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) are preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Strong project and program management experience.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where timing is crucial for success.
- Exceptional bias for action – willing to move quickly and decisively.
- Strong critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Able to facilitate progressive change.
- Effective analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.