EHS Manager- Australia
Sydney, New South Wales - Australia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available. The Environmental Health and Safety Manager Australia (EHS Manager) will be responsible to manage EHS programs within the region. The Manager will analyse data, develop related processes/programs, and implement with internal stakeholder assistance, to ensure the achievement of global and area EHS goals and objectives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Analyze EHS data and information (e.g. EHS laws, regulations, benchmarking studies, industry best practices);
- Develop and implement programs to achieve global and area level EHS goals/objectives.
- Partner with stakeholders (Security, Facilities, HR, Workers Comp, etc.) to ensure information on EHS polices are communicated, implemented, and executed among employees, vendors and third-party contractors.
- Manage injury/illness and incident management processes.
- Conducting risk assessments of client's existing portfolio of corporate offices;
- Identify sources of EHS risk and develop remediation and mitigation plans.
- Assist in the response to emergencies and significant disruptive events impacting corporate office buildings.
- Organize and facilitate EHS training and engagement activities with stakeholders in Australia sites.
- Provide EHS support to new projects in Australia
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or EHS with a minimum of eight years of Environment, Health and Safety experience within chemical or pharmaceutical industries.
- Environment, Health & Safety experience.
- EHS professional certification, local or international.
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness and management in commercial facilities.
- Commercial offices/labs, construction, and/or renovation of commercial facilities/labs experience.
- Thorough understanding of chemical safety management and EMS.
- Program management experience in Fall Hazard Control, Electrical Safe Work, Hazardous Energy Control (LOTO), Machine Safeguarding, Confined Spaces, Hot Work and System Impairment, and/or Fire Protection Systems.
- Previous work experience in a multinational organization, preferred.
- Results orientated and self-starter demeanour.
- Able to provide innovation and value to the EHS programs.
- Able to build relationships and positively influence decision-making.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Serve as an effective and positive team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.