Director - Benefits & Compensation (Hybrid)
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Director, Benefits & Compensation is a hands-on role that will be collaborate on the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of Pinkerton's benefit programs. The Director will also be an integral part of implementing and evaluating the compensation structure on a global basis. Bonus programs, other benefits, and the general employee experience in the concept of total pay will be of prime importance in this position. This role partners with Pinkerton's corporate HR leaders to ensure the delivery of consistent policies and programs. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop health and welfare benefit strategy and direct the design, implementation, communication and cost control of health and welfare benefit programs.
- Work in partnership with external vendors and consultants in both compensation and benefit areas to ensure the company is positioned competitively and stays current on trends/changes in the industry.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing benefit and compensation programs, policies and guidelines to ensure they are cost effective, are aligned with corporate goals and are in compliance with government and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee corporate benefits including the annual open enrollment process;
- Implement and communicate policy/benefit changes.
- Process new hire enrollments and existing employee changes.
- Partner with vendors to resolve employee benefit issues.
- Conduct Market surveys and analysis.
- Manage FMLA, ADA, and personal leaves;
- Communicate timely with employees and maintain documentation as required by applicable laws/regulations.
- Manage worker's compensation claims, communicate timely with employees, and maintain documentation as required applicable laws/regulations.
- Actively engage with Human Resources leadership;
- Maintain regular contact regarding issues/concerns and seek input.
- Suggest ideas for increased efficiency and employee engagement.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with all department related tasks, employee issues, and/or Company information.
- Advise senior managers on compensation issues.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
A Bachelor's degree with at least five years of human resources management experience focused on benefits and compensation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. HRCI or SHRM certification and benefits certification are preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Able to carry out multiple assignments with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and across diverse cultures.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Able to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.