Investigations Center Team Lead
Fremont, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Investigations Center Team Lead, assigned to a specific client, is responsible for developing and managing the operations of the Investigations Center team. The Team Lead may also conduct various analytical and investigative services.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide leadership and day-to-day guidance to the Investigations Center team;
- Serve as the decision-maker, as directed by the Investigations Manager.
- Provide on-going communication and direction.
- Ensure all services are conducted in a timely and professional manner with special attention to quality and accuracy.
- Complete new hire training to ensure comprehension and development of skills/responsibilities.
- Coordinate employee paid time off requests.
- Coordinate the team's schedule.
- Develop operational procedures and policies.
- Independently conduct investigations involving medium to high levels of complexity.
- Establish and manage investigative files for all new cases, including data input to keep files current.
- Conduct all-source collection and research, analyze, evaluate and integrate data from multiple sources, identify intelligence gaps, and specify collection requirements to produce assessments and recommendations.
- Extract essential information and analysis from investigations and intelligence products and synthesize the information into actionable reports.
- Prepare and/or review all submitted analysis and investigative reports to ensure accuracy, research and investigative sufficiency and professional quality; edit and correct as necessary.
- Communicate all issues, related to the client relationship, with the appropriate management personnel.
- Participate in designated training sessions/seminars and review company training materials; enhance professional competencies and ensure high quality investigations.
- Maintain assigned equipment.
- Provide analysis to guide decision makers.
- Identify information/security gaps.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, statistical analysis, related field and at minimum seven years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years of experience as a corporate investigator. Supply chain investigations, national security or criminal intelligence analysis involving the principles, concepts, and methodologies of all-source intelligence analysis, preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Experience using OSINT.
- Strong interview/interrogation skills.
- Able to write detailed, accurate, complex investigative and business correspondence and present information in one-on-one and group situations.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Must be able to work in a 24/7 environment, which includes shift work (day, swing and grave with weekend coverage).
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.