Remote, Remote - Mexico
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The BI Developer will support Pinkerton in transforming data into valuable, actionable insights. You will join the Global Systems and Technology team to design and build the architecture that will source data from various sources, store this data, then transforming it into meaningful result sets, as well as build visualizations on top of it for Pinkerton and its clients to use it. This position can be based anywhere (remote) within Mexico.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Partner with other team members to design, build, and deploy reliable data pipelines.
- Document and present your ideas and solutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Maintaining our existing data pipelines.
- Be part of the full application lifecycle (design, develop, test, deploy and maintain), innovating in each step.
- Optimizing our data stores for fast efficient querying for our technology and reporting infrastructure.
- Run standardized queries to extract data from data lakes and other tools.
- Evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly considering data best practices, system realities & numerous stakeholders' feedback.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of experience in information management, information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Experience with SQL, Excel, and PowerBI is required. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer whi seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experience, and perspective.
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of data warehousing & governance principles
- Data visualization experience
- Ability to create DAX queries in power bi desktop
- Capable of connecting data sources, importing data, and transforming. Knowledge of the ETL process
- Experience with data manipulation & processing of large & complex data sources on cloud systems
- Experience in statistical models & analysis
- Excellent quantitative and analytical with ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround
- Solid English written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization
- Willing to learning new technologies/architecture and apply accordingly.
- Effective problem-resolution skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.