Learning Manager (Hybrid)
Seattle, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Learning Manager oversees learning and development activities. The Manager will be involved in cross-functional and cross-jurisdictional work for a globally dispersed team. The role is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing a learning and development framework that includes key aspects of service delivery, compliance, induction, on-the-job skills development, professional development, and value-add training. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Full development of a global learning and development syllabus using a variety of learning methods (including LMS platforms).
- Design and ownership of the learning and development program and associated outcomes and alignment of program with strategic objectives, operational requirements, and client requirements;
- Address deficiencies in training needs, gap analysis, development and/or delivery of training.
- Conduct and/or oversee the delivery of workplace training and the development for all staff associated with the service delivery.
- Management of training records and systems to monitor and report on training compliance.
- Liaison with key stakeholders, including those responsible for learning and development regionally and globally.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of learning and development practices.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in business, instructional design, education, organizational development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Seven or more years of experience within a corporate training department required. Budget experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of training and development principles, methodologies, and techniques including adult learning theory and instructional design principles.
- Able to create effective training classes from concept to successful implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Effective analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.