Lead Developer (Remote)
Toronto, Ontario - Canada
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Lead Developer will work closely with Pinkerton senior stakeholders to understand business goals and ensure that the development team and technologies used are aligned with these initiatives. The Lead also provides guidance to other team members on best practices and architectural decisions.This position will be (remote) within Canada- the Toronto/ Missuagua area.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Partner closely with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate these into technical requirements for the development team.
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design.
- Design, build, and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements
- Direct the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications
- Write testable, scalable, and efficient code and leading code reviews.
- Mentor junior team members and ensure they adhere to determined software quality standards.
- Be part of the full application lifecycle (design, develop, test, deploy and maintain) and innovation of each step.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with five to seven years of advancing IT roles in both scope and responsibility, building complex web applications, unit testing and test-driven development, and high level hands-on experience with NET Core and Azure. Relational databases, schema design, and SQL/MySQL experience, is also required. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Proven expertise using Azure DevOps and knowledge of pipeline setups.
- Front-end development experience is a plus, especially Angular.
- Knowledge of scalable platform architecture, end to end systems design, and architecture.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work successfully with teams across the organization
- Willing to learn new technologies/architecture and apply accordingly.
- Knowledge of backend development best practices.
- Effective problem-resolution skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.