Human Resources Manager- West (Remote)
Remote, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Human Resources Manager will support the regional Human Resources Director by performing various functions, including recruiting, new hire processing, employee changes, and termination processes, benefits administration, data entry, reporting, leave of absence, and worker's compensation management. The Manager will be a trusted business partner to the region's senior management and field office Directors.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Serve as a trusted human resources advisor to the region's senior management team and Directors.
- Assist the Human Resources Director with ATS (applicant tracking system) with job descriptions, open requisitions, review and phone screen candidates and complete the new hire process steps.
- Initiate and complete new hire onboarding workflows based on position and status.
- Process, review, and approve pre-employment background and drug screenings;
- Follow-up with new hires to obtain additional necessary documentation to complete the screening process.
- Update the hiring managers on the status of the screenings and when new hires are approved to start.
- As needed, escalate screening results to the Human Resources Director for further review.
- Serve as the new employee's first point of contact;
- Provide employment offer letters and benefits information.
- Ensure all disclosures, policy sign-offs, and license/certification requirements are completed and maintained within personnel files.
- Follow-up with new hires to ensure all basic questions/concerns have been addressed.
- Escalate all remaining new hire/existing employee questions to the Human Resources Director.
- Complete new hire checklists and create personnel files per established processes and compliance requirements.
- Assist with employee changes, promotions, and terminations and prepare the necessary paperwork.
- Enter employee information into the payroll system and tracking systems.
- Compile data from personnel records and/or payroll software and prepare reports, as requested.
- Assist with the completion of the weekly Jobs Report.
- Manage FMLA, ADA, personal leaves, and worker's compensation claims;
- Maintain timely communication with employees and manage documentation, as required by applicable laws/regulations.
- Assist the Human Resource Director with the benefit open enrollment process, including employee communication and document maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with all department-related tasks, employee issues, and/or Company information.
- Participate in the implementation of the new human resources ERP.
- Actively participate in department process improvements;
- Suggest ideas for increased efficiency and employee engagement.
- Assist the Human Resources Director with special projects, as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration with three to five years of experience in human resources, PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP certifications, or equivalent combination of education and human resources/recruitment experience.
- Experience in Human resources and recruitment.
- Knowledge of ATS and ERP systems.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong client orientation and results-driven.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $90000 - $95000 / year.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.