Project Manager- Financial Operations (Hybrid)
London, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Project Manager- Financial Operations is an embedded role, with one of Pinkerton's major global tech clients. The Project Manager (PM) will act as the primary project management point of contact for the client's Global Real Estate and Facilities and Financial Operations divisions. The role is responsible for the day-to-day management of functional and regional priority projects including the associated administrative or governance tasks, reporting, use of project tools and resources, leadership and stakeholder engagement, and the general coordination of project deliverables. The Manager will take an active role in facilitating the divisions involvement with planning, execution, and delivery of relevant projects. The position will have a hybrid work schedule (client location/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the client's PMO and Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) and Financial Operations (FinOps) project managers.
- Maintain effective liaison with all assigned customers and relevant stakeholders, including functional/regional leaders and project teams.
- Provide project management support for GREF/FinOps projects on behalf of the client's corporate services including project initiation, planning, execution, control, and closeout.
- Directly lead projects, where required or requested, on behalf of the client's PMO and its primary customers.
- Ensure all managed projects are represented accurately in Projects, or other defined project management tool;
- Provide accurate and timely data for all project management tools and reports.
- Gather weekly project status reports from functional/team-level project managers.
- Conduct bi-weekly coordination meetings with external customers to discuss integration needs with current or future projects.
- Establish and chair monthly meetings with critical internal stakeholders and leaders to discuss project needs and PMO support.
- Resolve customer issues with PMO tools and supported systems.
- Create process documents, project templates, and other artifacts, as needed, to improve/optimize the management of projects across the client's corporate services.
- Conduct project management training for teams and project managers, as required.
- Ensure project data for metrics are supported for all PMO projects.
- Provide routine project updates to relevant customers and stakeholder groups and formal report to corporate services leadership.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in related field (Business Administration or Project Management) with at least five years of project and team management experience across multiple organizations or experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Professional certifications such as PMP, PRINCE2, and/or agile is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Agile and traditional project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of project management tools (Smartsheet, Asana, and Monday).
- Able to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Effective coaching and mentoring of other project managers.
- Able to influence outcomes with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Able to utilize knowledge and skills to determine best course of action to meet goals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend effective solutions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Able to work flexible hours (including after hours) to meet demands of globally dispersed team.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.