Site Security Manager
Sydney, New South Wales - Australia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Site Manager will be responsible for providing the operational support in the application of physical security operation according to strategies and policies ensuring a safe working environment for the site assigned by the client.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Provide operational support regarding physical security operations at the client's campus;
- Ensure a safe working environment, supporting the organization including its core business functions, strategies, and policies of the client's Global Security department.
- Provide operational support in the evaluation, development, and implementation of regional site security strategies.
- Oversee and support all security related vendors and agents.
- Implement site security plans, security assessments, site specific risk/threat analysis and training awareness programs with the assistance of law enforcement agencies.
- Provide operational support and implementation in controlling the quality, productivity, and services delivery by security operators.
- Liaise with government, consular and private sector agencies to enhance security operations.
- Provide operational support to Regional Security Manager regarding contingency planning, risk/threat assessments, and the maintenance of effective networks across all business groups.
- Provide support in the implementation in response to intelligence for the protection against high security threats, emergencies, and contingencies.
- Provide on-site support and manage daily security operations involving individuals, teams, and vendors.
- Preserve the business infrastructure at local and regional levels in implementing and supporting strategic aims of the business.
- Provide multi-level communication between the business units in cooperation with individuals, teams, and vendors.
- Conduct periodic review sessions with vendors to achieve quality service delivery provision by suppliers and vendors.
- Manage and direct all security staff and ensure correct and continuous core business operations.
- Develop security policies, guidelines, and processes as directed by Regional Security Manager.
- Respond immediately to all security incidents and emergencies.
- Support the development for internal and external service optimization.
- Provide operational support to Regional Security Manager during incidents and emergencies and act as the Global Security representative in the initial stages of emergencies/incidents.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School Diploma with at least two years of law enforcement, military, and/or security site management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Ability to manage complex security site.
- Understanding of employment legislation related to security staff and their potential moves between providers.
- Intelligence interpretation, security/risk threats and investigation management experience.
- Possesses, or has the ability to develop, a network of key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current security technology.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills and sound decision-making ability.
- Basic understanding of legal contracts, budgeting, and key terms.
- Customer focused and detail orientated.
- Assertive and self-motivated.
- Serve as an effective team player.
- Experienced in arranging international travel and conference calls.
- Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must be able to work any shift including evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.