Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Intern position provides a work-study opportunity with HR experts doing a variety of administration functions. The Intern will participate in various tasks that may include; file administration, organization of employee files and records, and other similar responsibilities.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Perform file and document maintenance/organization, as directed.
- Locate and retrieve files; prepare documents and file contents including sorting alphabetically or according to significance (i.e. date, content, etc.).
- Basic sorting, cross referencing lists, and filling.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School diploma required. Preferred candidates would be pursuing a degree or certificate program in human resources studies.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service, team development, and on-time delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective follow-up skills. Serve as an effective team member.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.