Shanghai, Shanghai - China
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Operations Manager, an embedded role with one of Pinkerton's global clients, will coordinate and/or supervise security operations designed to utilize emerging technology and date programs within a high quality security service. This role has a significant strategic impact on the business operations through the development of technical strategies and development of optimal systems, structure, and applications.This position cultivates a high performing security team and oversees security operations, crisis management, incident response, and event security in coordination within internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Coordinate and supervise security operations designed to utilize emerging technology, manage risk, improve security and safety, and enhance the workplace and user experience;
- Integrate security technology into new space in a consistent and commercially pragmatic way.
- Maintain and optimize technical capability with the implementation of best practices.
- Augment technology capabilities through the implementation of optimal and comprehensive solutions.
- Maintain the inventory of security systems, devices and equipment including CCTV, access control and panic button in line with regulations, industry standards, and best practices while ensuring all systems are in good condition by escalating any outstanding issues in a timely manner and proposing solutions.
- Support the security team in the oversight and coordination of the client's safety and security policies according to a scope of work agreed to with the Country Manager and senior management.
- Manage the fire safety program including evacuations and alarms.
- Assist in broad security-related tasks such as risk assessments to the development of a mitigation strategy with a focus on protecting people and the client's assets and reputation.
- Gather, assess and utilize the right data to implement security systems in a more effective manner;
- Conduct data mining and gap analysis to proactively manage risks in support of the Greater China operations.
- Utilize the data as an objective measurement which holds all stakeholders accountable.
- Encourage a culture of collecting, storing, retrieving, assessing, exploiting and evolving the client's information management capability.
- Manage the data and records including incident logs, permits to work, and training and drill summaries to assess the operational effectiveness and provide recommendation for improvement.
- Manage the outsourced security team;
- Review and improve team capability to meet the organization's ever growing challenges as well ensure all client service requests are handled appropriately.
- Assist the Security Manager with the implementation of SOP training and drill initiatives, evaluate team performance, and recommend improvements in line with regional requirements.
- Ensure on-going vigilance to various alarms as well as appropriate responses.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders to achieve security objectives, develop new programs, and leverage resources for program and service delivery initiatives;
- Identify, escalate, and resolve any irregularities by auditing the implementation of critical security measures such as document disposal and system checks.
- Track the development of physical security systems and conduct site security assessments.
- Assist the Security Manager and relevant parities to conduct Facilities Risk Assessments (FRA) to identify the risks that may impact the client's overall safety and security as well as business operations.
- Contribute to the security strategy development through the completion of vulnerability assessments;
- Propose solutions to mitigate risks and follow-up with all stakeholders while minimizing disruption to business operations.
- Assist the Security Manager with investigations and compile relevant information needed for the investigative reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree or above in technology, statistics, IT or science with at least two years of corporate security operations and/or business management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Professional certificate and/or industry license is preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin, and local Shanghai dialect, preferred.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Strong analytical ability to analyze processes, perform data mining and identify areas of improvement.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Effective problem resolution skills.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.