Regional Intelligence Analyst
Sydney, New South Wales - Australia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional Intelligence Analyst (RIA), assigned to our US MNC Tech client within their Global Security organization and will report on all intelligence matters including brand and reputation, counterterrorism, and travel risk. The successful candidate will be assigned to the APAC team and will have strong analyst experience focussing on China.stron
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct all source collection and research, analyze, evaluate, and integrate data from multiple sources, identify intelligence gaps, and specify collection requirements, to produce assessments and recommendations.
- Analyze and assess risk and threats to the client's people, assets, and operations on a regional and/or global level, including;
- Executive risk, Travel Risk, Event Risk, Property Risk, Counterterrorism, Brand and Reputation, and Due Diligence.
- Provide analytical expertise to support a variety of cross-functional internal client customers for threat assessment and intelligence purposes with the goal of supporting the safety and security of the client's people, assets, and reputation.
- Apply highly developed inductive reasoning skills to provide a proactive approach to potential threats.
- Prepare analyses, assessments, or other products by applying expert judgment and specialized experience in interpreting information and making decisions.
- Prepare and present briefings on projects, studies, and analyses to mid/high level managers.
- Discern patterns of complex behavior and provide accurate understanding of present and future threats.
- Provide analysis to guide decision makers.
- Provide critical front-line intelligence support to investigative and operational personnel.
- Extract essential information and analysis from investigations and intelligence products and synthesizes the information into actionable reports.
- Analyze intelligence information and other resources related to terrorist and other organized crime groups.
- Prepare threat assessments on upcoming major events.
- Identify information gaps.
- Develop and deliver customer specific presentations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in strategic studies or political sciences. Highly desirable experience including law enforcement, statistical analysis or related field with two to five years of work experience in national security or geopolitical analysis that involves using the principles, concepts and methodologies of all–source intelligence analysis to research, evaluate and integrate all-source data in the preparation and presentation of intelligence analytical products. This role requires considerable analytical experience and understanding of China.
- All-source intelligence analysis experience within the Northeast Asia region.
- Bi-lingual language skills; English and Mandarin, preferred.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to work successfully in a team and independently.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to work under time pressures and adjusted schedules.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- There may be a require available to work occasionally on weeknights and weekends.
- Travel, as required.