Physical Security Specialist
Shanghai, Shanghai - China
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Physical Security Specialist is responsible for supervision of any security hardware and software, testing, commissioning and system programming in accordance with Company's Security standards and respond swiftly to any security system issues and daily security operation of access control/CCTV management and maintenance in China region.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Maintain the security system and all related hardware periodically.
- Trouble shooting of security system onsite or remote. If needed security vendor's support, work close with the vendor and looking for alternative solutions for the issues.
- Daily inspection for security system and security policies implementation.
- Incident investigating/report.
- Deliver access control management, and grant and disable the access level based on corporate policy.
- Badge creation and collection.
- Conduct preventive maintenance on time with security vendor according to Security standards and policies.
- Work for the security system audit and provide optimized solution.
- Check the CCTV storage and make sure no loss of data for all cameras.
- Provide other technical security support within China.
- Monitor and stay current with security-related proven practices and technology.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred, with three or more years of experience working in corporate security project implementation & commissioning.
- Knowledge of latest technology in access control, CCTV, biometric and security management systems, and software.
- CPP, PMP or similar certification, preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of physical security systems and components.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer service orientated and results focused.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with global teams.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks and projects.
- Strong experience in the development and management of corporate security practices and programs.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively, both written and verbal, at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Computer skills: AutoCad, Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.