PMO Project Manager
London, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The PMO Project Manager is an embedded role, with one of our major global tech clients. The PMO Project Manager will support the delivery of its global security mission. Our client utilises a Project Management Office (PMO) as a management function and framework for driving associated projects and programs. These projects support capacity, providing oversight for strategy and general advice, support all general stakeholders to ensure projects are meticulously planned, managed and delivered.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Apply project management skills, leadership and subject-matter expertise to ensure the on-scope, on-time and on-quality execution and launch of projects.
- Lead the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of the project
- Lead meaningful critical initiatives as well as more operational projects.
- Coordinate and motivate the resources necessary to deliver these projects within time and budget constraints.
- Drive proactive opportunity and risk management and escalate critical issues to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate project meetings including project kick-offs, weekly status meetings, risk assessments, and additional meetings or workshops as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate entry and maintenance of project data.
- Regular communication within the PMO and across the organization.
- Drive data-driven decisions and solutions.
- Consistently identify, assess and adapt to customer and business requirements.
- Support the implementation and utilisation of formal project management methodologies across the group; primarily PRINCE2, Agile, Lean and Scrum.
- Support the identification, development, assessment and/or integration of new practices, technologies or initiatives, relating to project management.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
BA/BS in Business related field (Project Management, Business, Marketing, Communications, etc., with 10+ years directly managing projects or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Expert level of project methodologies (PMBOK, Agile, Prince2, Scrum).
- Experience with training and engagement programs.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead without authority.
- Experience coaching and mentoring other project managers.
- Able to influence outcomes with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend effective solutions.
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion and vigilance.
- Able to use computers and common operating systems, including Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.