Contract Manufacturing Security Manager
Shenzhen, Guangdong - China
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Contract Manufacturing Security Manager, as part of the client's global security team, is responsible for developing and implementing security program best practices for a consumer hardware business. The Manager will develop long term risk mitigation strategies by establishing strategic relationships with internal teams and external vendors in a supply chain atmosphere.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Support security measures for third party vendor manufacturing site activities.
- Provide management oversight of production area, warehouse, and infrastructure security programs.
- Support Assured Destruction/Recycle program, in alignment with global security function goals.
- Provide guidance on intellectual property protection programs for confidential projects.
- Build relationships and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures with vendors.
- Identify physical security vulnerabilities by conducting on-site and virtual audits of contract manufacturing locations.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security measures and communication channel measures.
- Assist with program management and progress tracking.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with five or more years of supply chain and/or manufacturing security program experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Mandarin.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Strong program management skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Effective follow-up skills.
- Able to handle and secure confidential information.
- Strong working knowledge of access control and physical security systems.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Successful track record of managing third party vendors.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain trade security initiatives.
- Able to manage and defuse difficult, stressful, and/or confrontational situations.
- Effective analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or vendors.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and third-party vendors occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Regular responsibilities cover China.
- Position requires 24/7 on-call responsibilities, including weekends and holidays.
- Travel (including international) up to 40% with limited notice.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.