Accounts Payable Specialist (Hybrid)
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Accounts Payable Specialist performs a variety of accounting duties according to established policies and procedures. The Specialist maintains timely contact with employees, vendors, and clients. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Ensure all invoices are sorted, coded and matched timely and accurately.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues, prepare invoices for payment and enter to system.
- Manage and verify all expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Ensure timely payment of account payables, respond quickly to vendor inquires, and maintain files.
- Assist with month end closing procedures.
- File, maintain and distribute accounting reports, records and documents.
- Prepare check runs, ACH transfers and wire transfers.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records.
- Evaluate and reconcile all vendor statements, provide vendor account analysis, and address all vendor issues in scheduling and disbursing accounts payable.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepting accounting practices.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate degree with a minimum of three years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.