Communications Specialist (Hybrid)
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for effective global communications, employee engagement strategies, and corporate communications initiatives for a variety of internal audiences. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading content for internal and external communications, while maintaining consistent brand voice.
- Coordinate and execute global communications project plans;
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders across multiple departments/regions on communication needs and provide guidance.
- Provide frequent status updates on in-progress projects to Global Marketing leadership and alert team members regarding upcoming milestones and deadlines.
- Produce engaging and informational communications content in a timely manner.
- Propose and produce innovative solutions for communications materials.
- Manage internal communication inquiries.
- Design and implement long-term communications strategies and plans.
- Produce core messaging for communications.
- Manage communications campaigns.
- Support the Global Marketing department in all general marketing related functions.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field is required with at least two years of professional communications experience, or in a related role.
- Marketing and administrative experience.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little to no supervision.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and across diverse cultures.
- Results orientated with a strong sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.