Business Intelligence Lead (Remote)
Remote, Remote - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Business Intelligence Lead is an embedded role, with one of Pinkerton's major global tech clients. This position will be responsible for acting as the project lead on data warehouse and business intelligence initiatives, design and implementation of databases, devising test plans, and development of technical and end user documentation. This position can be based anywhere (remote) within the United States.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Design and implement databases for OLTP/OLAP, data warehouse, and reporting solutions using best practices.
- Collaborate with peers and internal customers to determine business requirements.
- Analyze business requirements to produce technical requirements for data models, transformations, visualization, and reporting.
- Redesign existing data warehouse schemas and ETL pipelines as needed to improve performance, accuracy, and the robustness of data sets.
- Work with data from a variety of data sources and systems.
- Devise test plans to validate data accuracy and coordinate with end users for acceptance testing of solutions.
- Develop reports, dashboards, and KPIs using the Microsoft BI Platform.
- Develop a variety of documentation;
- Create entity relationship diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Design end user documentation for data models and pipelines.
- Administer end-user access to data models and reports, provide reports of user permissions, and maintain system access logs.
- Act as a change agent to bring about innovative ways to develop software and establish continuous improvements to the software development cycle.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, data engineering, business intelligence, or related discipline preferred and seven years of experience in business intelligence or data warehouse. Experience with Microsoft PowerBI platform, Microsoft SSIS, SSAS, Informatica, Oracle, Azure, and/or other cloud databases is needed.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and architecture, such as star/snowflake schema, OLAP cubes, and tabular cubes.
- Skilled in using Microsoft SQL Server, including advanced SQL queries, T-SQL, database design, and stored procedures.
- Proficiency with DAX and M, Power Query Formula language.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $135000 - $150000 / year.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.