Background Screener- Americas
Remote, Remote - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Background Screener will review and evaluate background screening results, for the Americas region, provided by a third-party supplier, the employee candidate and/or various other third-party record providers. The position will maintain key relationships with staffing in order to provide responsive and timely processing of background screenings.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Verify education and employment information provided by candidate.
- Work with the third-party screening vendor to identify discrepancies in information submitted by candidates.
- Archive and maintain copies of the final reports of background screenings, in line with guidance provided on local Data Protection Legislation.
- Assist in compliance auditing.
- Develop and train new background screening staff on day-to-day screener processes.
- Identify and raise process and programmatic ideas for refinement.
- Assist with regional process and program standardization initiatives.
- Escalate issues with background screening records and program processes to the Regional Operations Manager for advice and direction.
- Fully capable of executing the duties of the Americas Supplier Screening Background Screeners.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School Diploma or GED and two years of experience preferred, or combination of coursework and work experience in Personnel Management, Investigations, or related field.
- Experience conducting/completing background checks and investigations.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Able to analyze, prioritize, and carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Able to appropriately manage sensitive information.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills preferred.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.