IT Support Specialist - EMEA
Remote, Leinster - Ireland
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The IT Support Specialist – EMEA is responsible for supporting Pinkerton's technology and systems. The IT Support Specialist will partner with internal and external stakeholders first and second level IT support services to the business, ensuring hardware and software issues are dealt with expeditiously.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage IT helpdesk tickets;
- Essential support of Nexus and 365 Dynamics databases.
- Assist with the coordination and management of the Pinkerton's technology and systems;
- Interact with users via telephone and e-mail to provide technical support and problem solving.
- Maintaining the helpdesk ensuring issues are logged and users kept up to date on their status.
- Work with other IT team members to perform root cause analysis and implement solutions.
- Support the EMEA region with IT related issues and coordinate with appropriate IT vendor providers.
- Collaborate with IT stakeholders to ensure compliance with IT standards and network connectivity for all application systems.
- Conduct the backups of journal and audit logs in accordance with company policies.
- Run monthly IT reports for corporate and other departments, as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred with 5 years of technology systems experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- IT systems and technology experience.
- Fluent English and a preference for a Spanish/Portuguese speaker but not essential.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Good communicator, comfortable dealing with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office; experience with Zendesk is preferable.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.