Data Warehouse Architect
Seattle, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Data Warehouse Architect is an embedded role, with one of Pinkerton's major global tech clients. This position is responsible for the development and management of a dedicated data warehouse and will collaborate with various business units regarding their data storage and organizational needs, conduct needs analyses, utilize continuous improvement methods, and develop processes to ensure governance.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Identify relevant internal and external data sources and ensure data integrity and security.
- Consistently identify, assess, and adapt to client and business requirements;
- Collaborate with various client business units to determine their data storage and organizational needs and use the information to create a One Source of Truth (EDW).
- Analyse and design data infrastructure and system requirements to extract and organize data for authorized user access.
- Architect, design, and oversee the development of the database mapping and migration processes;
- Lead architectural discussions and design exercises to build and automate large scale migration of data.
- Plan and design the processes for data migration to ensure data integrity and completeness, quality, and preserve security.
- Maintain data infrastructure for end users and managers.
- Optimize new and current database systems.
- Support the design and implementation of associated standards, processes, and guidelines for effective data management.
- Support the identification, development, assessment and/or integration of new practices, technologies, or initiatives, relating to policy management.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, MIS or a related field, preferred. At least 10 years of technical experience analyzing and designing data infrastructure and system requirements as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, or a Data Migration Specialist, preferred.
- In-depth understanding of database migration principles, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Proficiency in SQL and Oracle.
- Experience with migration of mission critical databases across multiple database platforms.
- Familiarity with data visualization, BI tools, and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Agile development methodologies preferred.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy and quality.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to work in an office environment and/or remote environment as needed.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required, to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required (domestically and internationally).
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.