Executive Protection Specialist
Sunnyvale, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Executive Protection Specialist will provide for the welfare, physical protection, and security of a high-profile client. The Specialist will work in a team environment and support the Global Events and Corporate Security teams with executive event planning and support.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide close protection and other security-related functions for the client during domestic and/or international assignments.
- Coordinate with the client's Corporate Security team through provision of support for security matters ranging from site security to investigations.
- Provide security support and advice to the Global Events staff for meetings and events where executives will be present to ensure an appropriate level of protection.
- Engage and maintain effective relationships with local security providers and law enforcement agencies to ensure an ability to cover events or obtain assistance when required.
- Lead all aspects of trip planning, execution, and logistics;
- Coordinate with numerous internal and external teams including corporate travel teams, executive office staff, third-party security firms, and local law enforcement.
- Conduct advance visits to ensure logistics are carefully planned and performed.
- Handle emergency situations including security threats, natural and/or human-made disasters, and medical emergencies.
- Provide corporate event executive protection coverage and support executive activities related to corporate events;
- Maintain relationships and communication in partnership with the Corporate Events Security leadership for all global events involving executive protection coverage.
- Partner with the security team and/or security vendors to ensure security is provided as necessary.
- Provide assistance during events and help oversee other resources in the provision of security.
- Partner with key stakeholders to successfully prevent and resolve issues.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years executive protection or security experience. Law enforcement or military experience preferred.
- Executive protection experience with c-suite executives.
- Defensive driving tactics training/experience.
- Corporate event security experience.
- International experience, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective independent judgment/decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Concierge-level customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Domestic and/or international travel, as needed.
- 24/7 availability.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.