Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Manager
Seattle, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Manager is responsible for mapping and leading the development of stakeholder management plans. The Manager will build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders to meet their needs, develop third party advocates, and enhance reputation.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop and deliver stakeholder mapping in accordance with an overarching stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Engage relevant stakeholders in making key decisions while clearly articulating standard objectives.
- Provide exemplary advice and support to the client's Leadership Team in relation to stakeholder engagement issues and activities.
- Plan, develop, and execute communication initiatives, promotions, and projects that engage stakeholders and customers, and align with the strategic plan;
- Prepare communications to stakeholders and respond to stakeholder enquiries in accordance with stakeholder mapping.
- Engage stakeholders through a comprehensive understanding of the strategic goals.
- Support the identification, development, and integration of new technologies or initiatives, relating to stakeholder engagement.
- Ensure on-time, in-scope and on-budget delivery of stakeholder engagement outcomes.
- Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses and geographies, and define and deliver on stakeholder and communication objectives;
- Ensure development of collaborative partnerships with key stakeholder groups.
- Develop third party advocates, and support and enhance reputation.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of stakeholder engagement activities through digital analytics, surveys, and other key performance indicators.
- Provide briefings and support to technical teams for meetings with stakeholders.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in corporate communications, public relations, community development, or a related discipline, with five or more years of experience in stakeholder engagement. Experience developing and successfully implementing stakeholder engagement plans.
- Strong problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- Strong organizational, project management, and administrative skills.
- Working knowledge of best practice in stakeholder engagement theory and practice.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to facilitate progressive change.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Shift work including evenings and weekends to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.