Regional Security System Specialist
London, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional SecuritySystem Specialist is responsible for supporting the client's technology and systems by coordinating and managing system implementations, routine maintenance, and troubleshooting to maintain system integrity. The Specialist will partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with IT standards, conduct physical security audits, generate and analyze reports, and provide physical security guidance.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Assist with the coordination and management of the client's technology and systems;
- Support the CCURE 9000 application on numerous physical security servers.
- Coordinate system implementations and upgrades, and provide technical and operational guidance to security integrators.
- Assist with the maintenance of software and hardware updates for NVRs, cameras, and iStars.
- Manage the repair of security systems at a variety of local and global sites.
- Assist with card printers' connectivity globally, and provide expertise and troubleshooting, as necessary.
- Provide remote support to locations on visitor management devices, and assist in fixing any issues with connectivity and functionality.
- Support the security team with IT related issues and coordinate with appropriate IT personnel with network related issues.
- Conduct physical security audits of client sites, assist in the report generation of site assessments, and provide physical security guidance, as requested.
- Assist Senior Manager, Sec Tech Systems, in creating new security pilot programs to enhance physical security.
- Manage vendors at client locations for new buildouts, and retrofitting of existing devices at current sites.
- Collaborate with IT stakeholders to ensure compliance with IT standards and network connectivity for all physical security devices;
- Organize and prepare detailed documentation of system performance, including service request records and analysis.
- Set up a testing schedule for all security systems.
- Effectively partner with a variety of client teams including GSPS, Workplaces, Real Estate and EAIT.
- Develop training procedures, instructions, and user manuals, for new and existing security technology;
- Assist in training end-users and other support personnel on security applications.
- Conduct the backups of journal and audit logs in accordance with client policies.
- Run monthly security reports for GSOC and other departments, as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred with 5 years of technology systems experience supporting regional and global locations.
- Security systems and technology experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.