Recruiter - West Region (Hybrid)
Portland, OR - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Recruiter – West Region will be responsible for high-volume recruiting and new hire processing for the Western US and Canada. The Recruiter builds strong partnerships with Pinkerton field management to understand their client-specific Pinkerton Dedicated Professional (PDP) recruiting needs.The Recruiter will participate in all aspects of the recruitment process including job description creation, job postings, sourcing and reviewing candidates, phone screens, offer letter processing, background screenings, and other compliance-related functions. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with field management to understand their recruitment needs and challenges.
- Create job descriptions in accordance with Company standards.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop interview questions to effectively assess each candidate's knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Open requisitions in the applicant tracking system and proactively manage them throughout the recruitment process.
- Post positions to a variety of job boards to ensure a solid talent pipeline.
- Search for active and passive candidates for critical roles via LinkedIn or other candidate databases.
- Review candidates and conduct phone screens.
- Participate in virtual and/or in-person career fairs.
- Provide recommendations to increase our candidate pool.
- Initiate and complete new hire processes.
- Process employment offers.
- Initiate new hire candidate background screenings, and review and approve results.
- Complete I-9s and other compliance-related tasks.
- Effectively communicate status updates and address questions/concerns with hiring managers and new hire candidates.
- Implement solutions in support of recruiting objectives.
- Assist with the completion of weekly and ad hoc recruiting reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Management with three to five years of recruitment and talent acquisition experience.
- Recruitment and talent acquisition experience.
- Proficiency in sourcing active and passive candidates utilizing a variety of platforms.
- Applicant tracking systems experience.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.