Event Security Specialist
Remote, Remote - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Event Security Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Global Event Security Manager and coordinating with event personnel to ensure the client's safety and security at various internal/external client events. The Specialist will develop and document security plans, conduct pre-event assessments, and support the resolution of security-related matters.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Partner with key internal/external stakeholders, event personnel, and venue management and security to ensure the safety and security for the client's employees and assets.
- Partner with the Global Event Security Manager to obtain the guidance and direction to organize and manage security for various internal/external client events;
- Ensure alignment with the Global Event Security Manager to develop customized security plans for a variety of events including small executive meetings and large events.
- Document security plans for major client event conferences.
- Support the executive protection and investigations teams in event threat or incident response, or other security-related matters.
- Interface with venue security or local law enforcement as appropriate.
- Conduct pre-event trips and recommend changes to event and trip plans to ensure safety;
- Assess the location's safety, evaluate transportation routes, locate venues, identify security risks, and evaluate hotels.
- Effectively support key internal/external stakeholders including senior executives, external VIPs, high level government officials, and corporate executives.
- Ensure contract security resources are identified and provide contractually agreed upon event services as directed by the client.
- Provide basic event and security training and oversight to site security personnel.
- Ensure compliance with all client, local, and venue COVID-19 protocols as required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred with at least four years of event security experience. Military and/or law enforcement experience, preferred. CPR certification, preferred.
- Experience in protection strategies, tactics, and technology.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong operational, strategic, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Effective independent judgmentanddecision-making ability.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously withcompeting priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, SmartSheets and other Productivity Software
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Capability to effectively work remotely.
- Extensive travel may be required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.