Security Policy Manager
London, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Policy Manager is an embedded role, with one of Pinkerton's major global tech clients. This position manages the implementation and sustainment of an internal policy management function, that supports both organizational governance and security risk management outcomes, where there has not been a previously dedicated function. The Manager will be responsible for the formation of a policy team (over the long-term) and the associated relevant resources, practices, processes, and tools.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop a framework for policy management/policy deployment.
- Work closely with stakeholders at all levels to;
- Identify emergent or problematic topics requiring a policy-based approach.
- Conduct research and engagement activities to align parties on a suitable policy position.
- Formulate policy documents and present draft policies for peer or leadership reviews.
- Implement approved policies and support associated change.
- Evaluate policies post-implementation, or on a regular cadence.
- Support the management of risk-related outcomes through the policy deployment/risk management process.
- Consistently identify, assess, and adapt to customer and business requirements.
- Support the design and implementation of associated standards, procedures and guidelines that support effective policy implementation.
- Support the identification, development, assessment and/or integration of new practices, technologies or initiatives, relating to policy management.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Public Policy Management or Business Management with seven years of experience in policy standards development with an understanding of engineering/quality concepts or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Proficient English; verbal and written communication.
- Strong knowledge of governance management methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of security risk management.
- Understanding of relevant international standards (ISO, SIA Global, etc.)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend effective solutions.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to synthesize business/financial data and develop recommendations.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and general proficiency with IT systems and software.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.