Facility Security Agent (Part-Time)
Tempe, AZ - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Facility Security Agent will perform interior and exterior inspections to protect the client's facilities, assets, employees, visitors, and vendors. This position will work two days a week Monday to Thursday (2:30 am - 11:30 pm) depending on availability.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Complete standard interior and exterior patrols including;
- Lock doors to critical interior areas when employees are not present.
- Inspect the perimeter of each facility and lock/secure all exterior doors after employees have vacated the building and verify functionality of card reader doors.
- Enforce any and all parking regulations.
- Observe, document and report any and all suspicious activity.
- Close/secure gates and windows and verify exterior doors are locked.
- Verify functionality of all exterior card readers.
- Complete access control tasks including;
- Provide or prohibit employee access to specific areas including secure locations, based on access control light indicator.
- During shift change or breaks, monitor incoming employees at entrances to ensure each person is badging in and prevent “piggy backing”.
- Respond to calls to allow employees access to buildings, contact an authorized company representative must be contacted and complete verification to ensure that the person is in fact an employee and that they do have access to that facility.
- Oversee security equipment;
- Review CCTV system to ensure it is operational and provides the best view of the incidents. Randomly throughout the shift, monitor the CCTV cameras.
- Receive notifications via cellphone regarding employees, customers or visitors that do not have a badge for access to the building and verify that each person requesting access is authorized to be in the building.
- Maintain presence and interactions;
- Answer security-related questions.
- Investigate suspicious activity; both inside and outside of the buildings.
- Be the point of contact for law enforcement, fire or medical personnel.
- Engage with visitors, employees and customers to maintain a safe and secure environment. Deter problems and detect before situations become dangerous.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School Diploma or GED with law enforcement, military, and/or security experience. Arizona CCW required. CPR/AED certification required or the ability to get certified prior/after hire.
- Law enforcement, military, and/or security experience.
- Customer service and results driven.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Attentive to details and follow-through.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that may require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to respond effectively to situations, communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents and direct others.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.