Technical Project Specialist
Plano, TX - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Technical Project Specialist, assigned to a specific client, will streamline, and manage technical programs and products through customer service, staff training, and web development.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Serve as technical support for basic troubleshooting.
- Monitor access control and CCTV monitors.
- Support new installation, modification, and upgrades for electronic security systems.
- Manage the repair and maintenance of the electronic security systems.
- Respond to a multitude of security related or emergency situations.
- Keep up with new technology and recommend new products.
- Serve as the liaison between the client and Pinkerton to ensure all inquiries/concerns are addressed in a confidential and appropriate manner.
- Lead multiple security system, new construction, renovation, upgrade and infrastructure projects;
- Coordinate with local security personnel, Information Technology, facilities, consultants and security integrators to establish project scope and timeline for completion.
- Create and complete project management documentation and adhere to design standards throughout the lifecycle of each project.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or technical project management with at least two years' experience, preferred. Experience or certifications are preferred but not required in the following areas: Lenel or similar access control system, Bosch/Honeywell Alarm systems, Exacqvision, Mileston or similar Video Management Systems, Axis Communications.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot commercial electronic security and video management systems.
- Basic understanding of software and hardware as it relates to electronic security systems.
- Basic understanding of IT/IS infrastructure relating to security systems.
- Project management experience, preferred.
- Effective independent judgment/decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Able to prepare accurate, clear and concise reports.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels, including management and across diverse backgrounds.
- Able to prioritize and complete multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.