Security Systems Support Engineer
Singapore, Central Singapore - Singapore
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
Pinkerton is looking for a highly motivated Electronic Physical Security Systems Support Engineer for a large Enterprise client based in Singapore. The individual will be responsible for the successful and timely delivery of security systems support tasks as dictated by the Security Consulting Manager. The individual must be capable of working on their own initiative, prioritizing their work to meet strict deadlines. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential, as the Systems Support Engineer will involve working with a vast array of external and internal stakeholders.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Lenel and Milestone systems programming and configuration, supporting regional projects.
- Conduct testing on new products if applicable.
- Support Systems Health Check and Electrical Power Shutdown in the region.
- Review the hardware or software issues reported.
- Escalate the identified hardware issue to security integrators or relevant stakeholders.
- Escalate the identified software issue to relevant stakeholders for resolution.
- Validate the work done by the security integrators or other stakeholders.
- Follow up on both hardware and software issues till fully resolved.
- Record the security integrators response time taken to resolve the issue and any spare parts being replaced.
- Run periodic checks for the NVRs and Controllers in the region.
- Assist on valid requests from site point of contacts like masking or mute the alarms to facilitate repair works and capture these requests.
- Maintain monthly metrics of the service requests in the region.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Minimum 2 years of experience with Lenel or Milestone Systems or Minimum 2 years working experience in security systems related field.
- Well organized with an ability to prioritize.
- Good English oral and written communication skills required for preparing clear, concise, grammatically correct materials and communicating information effectively to others.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking and fast paced work environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload is essential to ensure meeting client deadlines.
- Action oriented with a passion for getting things done quickly, efficiently, and properly.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Must be I.T. literate and proficient.
- Must be proficient and familiar in the use of Microsoft Office products.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Candidates must be able to meet the required security screening requirements as appropriate for this role.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.