Fremont, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Program Manager responds to emergencies, provides concierge services and access control oversight regarding to incoming employees, visitors, and vendors. The Manager will oversee the daily shift operations including supervision of personnel, scheduling, training, and performance management.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide management oversight for the selection, orientation, development, and retention of high caliber staff;
- Plan and direct the work of staff as well as on-going performance feedback and disciplinary actions, as necessary.
- Manage appropriate staffing levels, in collaboration with management, as necessary;
- Ensure scheduling is managed effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs.
- Develop and implement training for subordinates as directed or required by the client, Pinkerton, or by regulatory or compliance requirements;
- Ensure the completion, tracking, and documentation of all training, as required by both the client and other legal compliance or regulatory requirements.
- Analyze and use varied sources of data to understand underlying drivers of complex problems.
- Identify key areas for improvement while challenging and encouraging individuals and leadership teams to close gaps.
- Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, activated alarms, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, suspicious activity, and other incidents or conditions.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security measures and communication channel measures.
- Build relationships and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and at least three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to analyze business documents.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Communication skills including; interpersonal, written, radio, cellphone, email, and text.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Successful problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Able to manage and defuse difficult, stressful, and/or confrontational situations.
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Knowledgeable of local community including; geography, amenities, and services.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions;
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.