Regional Operations Manager- Americas
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional Operations Manager (ROM) is assigned to a specific region and on-site with a Pinkerton client. The Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations for the Americas Background Screening program. This position manages the quality of the program, monitors the performance of other background screening vendors, provides records checks, analyzes vendor performance indicators, and makes process improvement recommendations to the client.The ROM develops the initial relationships with HR staffing, background screening vendors, integrates background screening vendor services, supports the training of recruitment staff, and provides an escalation path regarding background screening records issues.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop and implement operational standards across the region;
- Identify process improvements and integrate technology to create effective processes.
- Serve as the point of contact in support of clients' ongoing projects.
- Address client and region questions and/or concerns quickly and effectively.
- Track regional program statistics and help forecast resource needs.
- Prepare and support delivery of presentations for new program implementations.
- Provide periodic status updates to inform reporting.
- Support the Global Background Screening Program by collaborating, developing and managing the tasks necessary to support the rollout of the client's Global Background Screening program.
- Deliver background screening standard operating procedures and ensure consistency across the Americas region and consistent with all legal constraints.
- Support and deliver background screening program standardization and documentation efforts across the globe.
- Lead the development and maintenance of training for the background screening program.
- Support rollout and operations of any new client's background screening initiatives.
- Supervise and guide all members of the background screening team;
- Ensure workload balance across the team.
- Provide performance feedback.
- Set work hours and shift schedules in accordance with local employment law to ensure timely service response across the region.
- Assist with issues that may require escalation.
- Ensure employees provide accurate timekeeping, expense reporting, and vacation requests.
- Work with Global Account Director/Account Manager regarding any human resources issues.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred with at least three years of business management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Business management experience.
- Background screening experience, preferred.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Solid project management skills.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and operations-based technology platforms.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.