Training and Engagement Manager
Seattle, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Training and Engagement Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the design and delivery of training and engagement programs, that engage and develop high-performing personnel who are fully capable of meeting (and exceeding) their work requirements. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a passion for independent, creative problem-solving, and have relentlessly high standards, with proven learning and development management and facilitation skills, with a history of taking ownership of training and engagement outcomes at a global level and with a strong commitment to raise the bar of performance and achieve results.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of learning and development and workforce engagement.
- Use effective leadership, communication and facilitation skills to support personnel to achieve the required standards of performance and compliance against program requirements.
- Conduct strategic planning and governance activities to design or develop suitable training solutions to support ongoing operational needs and workforce development requirements.
- Directly assist with the identification and development of improvement opportunities and other growth or best-practice initiatives globally.
- Take ownership of associated operational and administrative duties.
- Provide advice to teams on training-related matters, including emergent issues and new practices or requirements.
- Maintain highly accurate record-keeping in support of training outcomes.
- Conduct engagement sessions, audits, investigations and other activities to prevent, detect or resolve potential non-compliances or training deficiencies.
- Evaluate current practices, procedures and service arrangements and lead the implementation of improvements and/or propose viable solutions to achieve efficiency gains.
- Facilitate opportunities to develop and share best practices amongst key stakeholder groups.
- Support any other operational or account management activities as required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with five or more years of experience in a corporate training, and/or higher education institution.
- Training development, implementation, and oversight experience.
- Strong knowledge of learning and development, concepts, solutions, frameworks and methodologies.
- Strong familiarity with adult learning theory, curricula, and instructional design.
- Strong familiarity with conducting need analyses, assessments, and training program evaluations.
- Strong inter-personal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously withcompeting priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving, and root cause analysis skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft office, IT systems and software specifically Learning Management Systems (LMS).
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.