Specialized Threat Manager- EMEA
London, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Specialized Threat Manager (STM)- EMEA is an embedded role with one of Pinkerton's major global tech clients. The STM will be responsible for implementing the company's global preparedness strategy for specialized threat incidents, including kidnapping-for-ransom and extortion, at the regional level. This role shares the overall team goal of embracing the concepts of continuous process improvement, innovation, and shared risk management solutions.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Successfully deliver the company's global Specialized Threat Program at the regional level, engaging with local site, country, and area security leaders to provide exceptional support.
- Build collaborative cross-functional partnerships and contribute to multi-disciplinary teams within Security groups, Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Legal teams;
- Lead related training and awareness sessions with a focus on incident prevention as well as incident response.
- Serve as a key liaison for partnerships with regional and local teams to maintain a safe and secure work environment;
- Serve as a SME regarding personal security and risk mitigation techniques related to the operation in and travelling to higher-risk geographies.
- Develop highly focused threat and risk assessments with a focus on kidnapping and extortion risk mitigation in collaboration with relevant business partners.
- Design and develop training products for regional teams and deliver threat awareness briefings in support of travel risk teams and expatriate duty of care framework.
- Support regional security and business leaders in the company's response to special threats-related incidents while maintaining confidentiality and the highest standards of customer engagement.
- Maintain awareness of ISO31000-standard security management approaches, industry trends, and best practices.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Security Management, International Security, Criminal Justice, or related field from an accredited college or university with at least five years of experience with corporate security, law enforcement, and/or intelligence experience.Professional regional specialization or academic concentration in the Americas, EMEA, or APAC with an understanding of security threats including kidnapping and extortion at the global, regional, and local level, and related mitigation strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to analyze complex security situations and data, identify gaps, and recommend solutions.
- Able to interact effectively and build strong cross-functional teams at all levels within the organization as well as external partners.
- Effective regional and/or global security program/project management skills.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation with a fast paced and highly confidential environment.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.