Senior Investigator (Part-Time)
Remote, Remote - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Senior Investigator conducts criminal, civil, and proprietary investigations, covert surveillance, and background checks. The position will record all findings, obtain written and/or recorded evidence, prepare thorough investigative reports, and as needed, testify at legal proceeding and/or hearings. The openings are remote and can be located anywhere within the United States.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Independently develop and execute appropriate investigation strategy for assigned investigations.
- Obtain and verify evidence by interviewing, conducting covert surveillance, and/or through the use of open-source and database information on suspects and witnesses.
- Examine records/data, gather evidence, classify, and differentiate investigative elements.
- Maintain proper evidence chain-of custody.
- Assist in identifying trends and recommend corrective action to client.
- Conduct security risk assessments, workplace violence activities, and crisis interventions.
- Complete investigative reports in a thorough and professional manner.
- Establish partnerships and collaborate with law enforcement agencies.
- Testify at hearings and legal proceedings, as needed.
- Serve as the liaison between the client and Pinkerton to ensure all inquiries/concerns are addressed in a confidential and appropriate manner.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or a security-related field and at least five years of criminal, civil, and/or property investigations within the private or public sector. State-specific Guard card and PI license are required. (If living in Illinois, a PERC card is also required). Professional Certified Investigator, preferred.
- Experience with complex criminal, civil, and/or proprietary investigations.
- Working knowledge of criminal law and criminal justice rules of evidence, pertaining to theft/fraud and misappropriation issues.
- Hands on knowledge of current federal/state laws governing investigations, evidence collection and handling, civil and criminal proceedings.
- Effective independent judgment/decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Able to prepare accurate, clear and concise reports.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels, including management and across diverse backgrounds.
- Able to prioritize and complete multiple assignments simultaneously while preserving the integrity of the investigation process.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.