Regional Operations Manager
Chicago, IL - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional Operations Manager (ROM), assigned to a specific region, will partner with the Operation Managers and Project Managers to coordinate the service delivery functions including project assignments, staffing models, and part-time employee utilization, along with day-to-day administrative tasks. The ROM is instrumental in the development and implementation of operational standards and process improvements across the region.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop and implement operational standards across the region;
- Identify process improvements and integrate technology to create effective processes.
- Ensure all services are conducted in a timely and professional manner and aligned with Pinkerton's Service Delivery Standards;
- Review incoming client projects and assign to the appropriate Project Managers and Operation Managers.
- Oversee and coordinate scheduling of the security consultants, part time employees, and contractors.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate margins for all projects assigned to team.
- Serve as the point of contact in support of clients' ongoing projects.
- Assist region Account Managers with SOW design.
- Review submitted requisition requests for part-time employees and approve appropriately.
- Address client and region questions and/or concerns quickly and effectively.
- Oversee part-time employee, consultants, and contractor performance issues;
- Communicate performance concerns with assigned Operation Managers.
- Follow-up to ensure improved results, consider additional coaching and/or disciplinary action, or removal from the project(s).
- Provide status updates to the Pinkerton deployable Assets (PDA) leadership.
- Review invoices and complete Cash Transfer Funds (CTF).
- Perform various investigative and protective details, as assigned.
- Assist with general administrative and operational functions.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred with at least three years of security operations and/or business management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. IL PERC card is required.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Solid project management skills.
- Able to integrate Pinkerton protective intelligence into operations.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and operations-based technology platforms.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.