Health and Safety Advisor
Orlando, FL - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Health and Safety Advisor provides operational support, facilitates training, and drives planning for client site locations. The Advisor will maintain health and safety documentation in compliance with health standard requirements.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide operational support in the evaluation and execution of regional health and safety strategies including oversight of agents/vendors to ensure project contracts and deadlines are met and/or exceeded;
- Ensure clearly defined tasks are assigned, address development needs through training/coaching, and encourage collaboration in order to meet expectations.
- Support the development of external service optimization and ensure the process is fair and transparent.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, consistent, and cohesive system for managing safety related risks.
- Lead site specific safety meetings with stakeholders.
- Maintain safety-related documents, review for insufficiency/updates, and coordinate the distribution of the updates.
- Complete on-site visits, as directed by leadership, to confirm the quality of site health and safety survey plans and risk/threat analysis, assessments, and training awareness programs.
- Coordinate risk/threat assessment reviews at all levels, to review resource/project management and resolve internal and external issues/concerns.
- Assist in the implementation of effective health and safety operations to ensure the safety of the client personnel and their customers during the planning and preparation of all travel and business-related exhibitions.
- Execute training programs, including but not limited to workplace violence and other emergency response programs.
- Support in maintaining internal and external teams and business group networks that demonstrate and encourage a positive ‘can do’ attitude to enable the achievement of the client business objectives and efficiency;
- Actively support cross-functional group processes, programs, and projects.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and two or more years of health and safety management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Health and safety management experience.
- Able to embrace change and leverage short and long-term business opportunities.
- Serve as a respectful, collaborative, and innovative team member.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to identify, define, prioritize, resolve problems, and draw supportable conclusions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.