HR Manager- Specialty Divisions & Corporate
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Human Resources Manager will support the regional Human Resources Director by performing a variety of functions including: recruiting, new hire processing, employee changes and termination processes, benefit administration, data entry, reporting, and leave of absence and worker's compensation management. The Manager will serve as a trusted business partner to the region's senior management and field office Directors.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Serve as a trusted human resources advisor to the region's senior management team and Directors.
- Assist the Human Resources Director with ATS (applicant tracking system) with job descriptions, open requisitions, review and phone screen candidates and complete the new hire process steps.
- Initiate and complete new hire onboarding workflows based on position and status.
- Process, review, and approve pre-employment background and drug screenings;
- Follow-up with new hires to obtain additional necessary documentation to complete the screening process.
- Update the hiring managers on the status of the screenings and when new hires are approved to start.
- As needed, escalate screening results to the Human Resources Director for further review.
- Serve as the new employee first point of contact;
- Provide employment offer letters and benefit information.
- Ensure all disclosures, policy sign-offs, and license/certification requirements are completed and maintained within personnel files.
- Follow-up with new hires to ensure all basic questions/concerns have been addressed.
- Escalate all remaining new hire/existing employee questions to the Human Resources Director.
- Complete new hire checklists and create personnel files in accordance to established processes and compliance requirements.
- Assist with employee changes, promotions, and terminations and prepare necessary paperwork.
- Enter employee information into payroll system and Wage Sheet.
- Compile data from personnel records and/or payroll software and prepare reports, as requested.
- Assist with the completion of the weekly Jobs Report.
- Assist in FMLA, ADA, personal leaves;
- Manage timely communication with employees and maintain documentation, as required by applicable laws/regulations.
- Assist in worker's compensation claims;
- Manage timely communication with employees and maintain documentation, as required by state/federal regulations.
- Assist the Human Resource Director with benefit open enrollment process including employee communication and document maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with all department related tasks, employee issues, and/or Company information.
- Actively participate in department process improvements;
- Suggest ideas for increased efficiency and employee engagement.
- Assist the Human Resources Director with special projects, as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration with three to five years of experience in a human resources role, PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP certifications, or equivalent combination of education and human resources/recruitment experience.
- Human resources administrative and recruitment experience.
- ATS experience.
- Able to multi-task and manage competing deadlines/priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Serve as an effective team member and project leader.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong internal and external customer service orientation.
- Results driven.
- Solid project management skills.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.