Bogota, Distrito Capital de Bogot - Colombia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Data Scientist will produce actionable & compelling metrics and reports based on business intelligence, data analysis, algorithms, and automated processes to inform and interact with business leaders to support decision making.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Work under limited supervision with internal and external teams to understand, interpret and analyze Physical Security, Investigations, and Enterprise Resiliency data to support the Global Security Operations team.
- Apply a broad range of techniques and theories from business intelligence, data analysis and visualization, statistics, predictive analytics, and machine learning to deliver actionable business insights based on large-scale data.
- Develop visually appealing and intuitive dashboards that provide visibility into key performance, risk, and control health indicators across all business units.
- Define, capture, enrich, explore, and prep data to support desired metrics monitoring and reports.
- Leverage variable/algorithm selection, predictive and behavioral analytics to identify emerging risks and issues beyond operating controls.
- Deliver quality results and presentations under short timelines.
- Interpret and communicate analytical insights to customers and executives with various analytical backgrounds using different but suitable communication altitudes for different audiences.
- Solid knowledge of business intelligence tools (Tableau & Power BI), databases and SQL, SIEM solutions (Splunk), and various job associated programming languages to support data analysis and predictive analytics.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor degree in business, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or related fields or at least five years of experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Analytics, or similar field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Must undergo and meet company standards for pre-employment review.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.