Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Senior Investigator is responsible for investigations ranging from minor matters to very complex issues. The Investigator performs investigations including but not limited to; life/safety, asset protection, misconduct and miscellaneous matters.The position maintains and updates relevant data bases, partners with internal and external security agencies, and ensures accurate evidence handling processes.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Complete the processes, analysis, and reporting related to a wide variety of investigations including, but not limited to;
- Life Safety/Threat Management (workplace violence, assault, harassment, stalking, domestic violence, missing personnel, etc.).
- Asset Protection.
- Misconduct: alleged violations of certain client policies.
- Miscellaneous: trespassing, unauthorized access, vandalism, etc.
- Investigate, research, and resolve internal and external issues related to various threats against workplace people and assets.
- Produce high quality, timely, and tailored threat assessments for internal stakeholders while managing sensitive or confidential data.
- Monitor all-source information to proactively identify and assess likelihood and severity of threats.
- Monitor Persons of Interest who may pose a threat of violence to people or assets.
- Conduct open-source social media searches; utilizing social media research, public record research and third-party databases to build leads.
- Deliver analytical assessments in clear, succinct, and appropriately caveated products that project credibility, convey recommendations, and reinforce key messages.
- Collaborate internally with cross functional groups such as legal, HR, business suppliers/partners, etc., to enhance processes, workflows, tools, and system functionality.
- Initiate, execute and maintain relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Safeguard and maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Represent threat management in joint task force/government think-tanks, as directed.
- View covert and overt video surveillance;
- Assist in the set-up and installation of basic analog and digital video surveillance equipment.
- Comply with the client's policy on the use of video surveillance equipment and related federal and state laws.
- Complete evidence identification, collection, retention, and dissemination of investigative information;
- Promote cooperation, innovation, and resourcefulness in obtaining information.
- Assist with administrative investigations/background checks, cardkey access reports, and telephone records.
- Provide security resources to augment client's existing security resources upon request for security assisted termination, workplace violence, and emergency or short-term needs.
- Develop and maintain contacts with law enforcement partners;
- Encourage the on-going review of the client's investigations and assist in bringing investigations to successful conclusions.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field and/or formal corporate, government, military, or law enforcement investigation and threat assessment training. A combination of formal education and experience in government or corporate protective intelligence/threat assessment programs will be considered. Industry relevant certifications, preferred.
- Law enforcementand/or corporate investigative experience.
- Strong computer investigation skills.
- Experience with software, databases, social media platforms, and heat/target mapping required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing publicly available information from a deep web and dark web perspective preferred.
- Experience utilizing open source and proprietary applications preferred.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Able to handle large, complex investigations involving cross-group collaboration.
- Knowledge of internet crime investigation processes and use of related databases.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to partner with internal departments, investigative groups, and law enforcement agencies.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Computer skills; Microsoft 365 suite of applications. Strong familiarization with SharePoint, Power BI, and related technology tools and information sources preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that may require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Respond to occasional emergency situations, at any hour, with short notice.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.