Public Relations Officer (PRO) - UAE
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The PRO will be responsible for coordinating and liaising between the company and Government organisations / authorities in the United Arab Emirates and provide a key inter-face between the two. Provide quick, efficient and reliable services for all Government related jobs such as Employment Permits, Entry Visas, Medical Examinations, miscellaneous jobs related to Immigration, Ministry of Labor & Consulates, and Business Licenses to the company and its group, adhering to the regular amendments in rules and regulations within very short notices. Respond effectively to the demands of the Businesses, employees and their families to assist them on all government related services. This position requires working with various stakeholders such as Finance, Human Resources, Administration, and Operations teams.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- The candidate must have at least 3 to 5 years experience in similar job with strong experience with govt. organizations and embassies
- Responsible to administer the following towards Employee and Dependants liaising with local UAE govt ministries :- a) Obtain new employment visas / work permits for all expatriate employees. b) Monitor and renew employee residence permits. c) Obtain new residence visas for dependants of employees. d) Facilitate renewal of residence visas for dependants. e) Facilitate obtaining and renewal of Expatriates passports for employees and dependants. f) Facilitate and follow-up cancellation of visas for employees and dependants. g) Facilitate complex medical / police procedures on event of death of any employee or next to kin.
- Responsible to administer the following towards business facilitation on day-to-day basis: a) Liaise with embassies / foreign diplomatic missions to enable business visits. b) Liaise with UAE Immigration dept. in obtaining business entry visas for global business visitors.
- Administer company and joint venture companies' licenses and tax remittances with various UAE govt. authorities viz., Economic Department, Municipality, Chamber of Commerce and Ministry of Finance & Industries etc.
- Provide expert advice to business and employees on all visa formalities and all other gov't related procedures.
- Accountable in maintaining accurate records for all above services.
- The ever-changing government rules and regulations requires the post-holder to be abreast of updates on information / documents and at times certain jobs have to be tacked efficiently without much notice.
- Escalate issues with processing of new hires to the Regional HR Leader for advice and direction.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor degree with five or more years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Administrative and/or paralegal experience.
- Thorough understanding of administrative processes and office procedures.
- Forming and maintaining employee records
- Updating databases internally, such as sick and maternity leave
- Preparing and amending where necessary HR documents, i.e. employment contracts and recruitment guides
- Communicating with external partners such as Insurance.
- Administer employee benefits such as leaves, medical, dental, insurance etc.
- Assisting with payroll by providing the department with relevant employee information, i.e. holiday and sick days taken
- Helping with various arrangements internally, from travel to processing expenses
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Diplomatic written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage personal information in a confidential and trustworthy manner.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Able to consistently follow established operating procedures
- Serve as a positive and effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.